Re: newsgroup, instead of mail list?

Hi,
>>"Gregory" == Gregory Guthrie <guthrie@mum.edu> writes:

 Gregory> Given the volume of traffic on this list, I would certainly find a
 Gregory> newsgroup more convenient.

	I think a newsgroup has nothing to do with this. What it does
 have to do with is your choice of software. I happen to read mailing
 lists with a newsreader (and upgrade your news software if it is
 feature free ;-), but even my mail reading software supports
 threads.

 Gregory> 1) it maintains threads, and thus has MUCH better
 Gregory>    organization and access.

	How come your MUA does not maintain threads?

 Gregory> 2) the linear, header and footer interspersed format of the
 Gregory>    digested list is very noisy, and hard to read. IMHO.

	Again, the problem seems to be poor software. My UA of choice
 offers to explode each digest as a a separate group, or to
 explode a whole bunch of digests into a sigle group, and then
 you deal with each indivudual message.

	There maybe other reasons to gatewqay mailing lists to
 newsgroups, but lack of threading and digest support in a MUAis a
 poor reason.

	manoj
--
 "Nietzsche says that we will live the same life, over and over again.
 God -- I'll have to sit through the Ice Capades again." Woody Allen's