Re: PCMCIA card problems (Hamm)

In article <[🔎] E0yb8oc-0000fF-00@tick.Virginia.EDU>, Brian Mays
<bem5r@watt.seas.virginia.edu> writes
>Ian Lynagh wrote:
>
>> I have fixed this by reinstalling and this time not using the updated
>> debs.
>
>Since the modules in pcmcia-modules-2.0.33 need to match the kernel
>exactly, releases of this package must keep pace with releases of
>the kernel-image-2.0.33 package.  (The version number reflects this.
>For example, pcmcia-modules-2.0.33 version 3.0.0-6k8 is supposed to be
>compatible with kernel-image-2.0.33 version 2.0.33-8.)

It would be nice if there was a pcmcia-kernel-2.0.33-8 as well,
which provides kernel-image-2.0.33, to avoid cases like now when
you can't download a matching pair.

Also, if I were to recompile my kernel to add sound support would
I also need to recompile the PCMCIA modules? Is there a doc anywhere
which shows step-by-step how to do this?

>> This time round I also noticed the Alternate to configure PCMCIA,
>> although I am confused as to why it is not done by default?
>
>I do not understand what you are referring to here.

I think it was when "Next" referred to installing modules that
"Configure PCMCIA" was listed as alternate. I could be wrong.
All I know is the first time I installed I didn't go through
the 5 or so screens following. The first screen gave a choice
of Intel or *mumble* PCMCIA slots.

Thanks for your help
Ian
--
Ian Lynagh - ian@lynagh.demon.co.uk
http://home.sn.no/~balchen/igloo/

How come wrong numbers are never engaged?