ppp

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I'm sure my problem was the /dev/ttys1
instead of /dev/ttyS1.
I'll try this tonight.

I'd like to connect my modem to the linux machine and then  have my two
windows computers access the internet via a local network to the linux box
using IP - Masquerading.  Currently on windows when ever you click on the
browers icon it starts the dial out process (if the connection was not made
first).  Is there anyway to have this happen with PPP when the browers
starts up (on linux OR on the Win-95 machines)?  I'd like to leave the
linux machine up and running all the time, but not have to start PPP for my
wife when she sits down at the windows computer and starts her browser.
And (of course) I only want the PPP connection up when needed.  Any ideas?
(probably need to write some software on the windows side I guess).