S3 video installation.

Hello all,

I am working on my second attempt in installing Debian on my PC.  (The
first try died when I deselected a whole bunch of packages and had
dselect delete them... oops :)

I have a Pent 166 32MB system with a Diamond Stealth 64 (S3 trio64) dram
version display card.  This system has been installed off of floppies
and I have used dselect to load all of the "required & suggested"
packages onto my system (via FTP).  I have two basic questions on what I
need to do next:

1: Currently I have a 80 col x 24 line generic display (I would guess).
Is there a way to have a smaller font and more columns?  I have not done
anything to tell the system what type of video card I have.

2: What do I need to do to get X11 up and running on my system?  Was it
installed with the base system, or do I need to load optional packages?
I did find and load a S3 trio64 X11 server.

Are there any docs on setting up & configuring X11?

Finally, I know there are several windows managers around.  Which one
seems to be in use the most on these types of systems?

Thank you,

Doug