RE: first script executed

Hi, Nico,

I do not know the answer, but do have a couple of ideas.  You could
mount either the CD or the base floppies and try to track the order of
execution of scripts.  I would check out the root for a .profile first.
Xenix installs used to come up as a root login and start out with this
file.  Also check for rc files in /etc, especially ones with odd names.

The second thing I have had good success with is changing to an
alternate virtual terminal during the install and running ps.  This not
only gives me a list of the processess currently runnning but also gives
the expanded arguments being used.  Of course, this means doing a normal
install again so you can track things.

I have found that using these techniques can also be a powerful (and
sometimes surprising) way to learn the system.

---
Bob McGowan
i'm:  bob dot mcgowan at artecon dot com