Re: TeTex upgrade problems

On Wed, 20 May 1998, Matt Thompson wrote:

: > > OK, multi-part question.
: > >
: > > 1.)  Just upgraded my hamm dist., got this:
: > >
: > > Errors were encountered while processing:
: > >  tetex-base
: > >  tetex-nonfree
: > >  tetex-bin
: > >  tetex-extra
: > >
: > > ???
: > First install tetex-base (you should install dpkg-perl before) and after
: > that install the rest of the files. So, you have to install tetex
: > packages in a 2 (or 3) step process: (dpkg-perl,) tetex-base and finally
: > the rest of the tetex .deb files.
:
: umm...I did this all by dselect.  I did mention it's a full hamm system,
: yes?

FWIW, even apt chokes on this right now.  Since I don't use Tex, I just
ignored the problem, figuring it would either go away or my workload
would suddenly decrease 90% allowing me to investigate the problem :)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104