Re: Serial Mouse Install

Doug,

> Here is another installation question I didn't figure out during the
> install.  I have a microsoft compatible serial mouse I would like to use
> on my new linux system.  During the inital install, I did not see any
> selections for serial mice.  I saw several options for ps/2, bus, and
> other types of mice.  What do I need to do to install this mouse?

run XF86Setup. Select microsoft (and the usual other compatibles). If it
doesn't find /dev/mouse, then try /dev/ttyS0

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/