Re: Printing

On Mon, 18 May 1998, John C. Ellingboe wrote:

: Hi,
:
: I am using Debian Linux 1.3.1 on a 486-DX40 (Cyrix).  The FTP Linux
: installation is about two weeks old.
:
: Originally I could print to lp using the generic printer in printcap,
: but got the classic stair step effect on my HP LaserJet 5L.  After
: editing my printcap file and adding the filter script per the
: printing-howto I no longer get any printed output.

[ snip ]

: Suggestions please.

Just to second, magicfilter is what you want.  I installed it the other
day to drive an HP III, and I just about fell over - it was so easy to
configure!  (Well, banners still don't work right, but that's not
magicfilter's fault)

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet - 410 South Phillips Avenue - Sioux Falls, SD  57104