Some Questions about KDE / Whereis / FVWM

Hi
I am using Debian 1.3.1 Release 6.
I tried ti install it on the last weekend, and it works...
okay... some questions are open:

1.)
When I am using Whereis , is it possible to see more than one
result ??? Searching for a file is not so good, if i ONly see the
first !!!

2.)
FVWM: Nive , but how can i remove the virtual Desktop ??
I tried to chance the VirtualDesktop 5X2 Line in 1X1
(File: system.fvwmrc), bu nothing changes !!!!

3.) KDE
I cant install it !
When I use DBPK than some Libraries are not found, wrong
version-nomber (QT !!! , LIBGIF !!)
When I try to install qt 1.32 by Hand with RPM than RPM tells me,
that he needs /bin/sh , but /bin/sh is there ????

Thanx
Stefan