How to print A0 documents on A4 printer ?

Hi,

I have to do a poster for a conference. The poster should be A0 or
something around. But we have only an A4 printer. In Windows, Corel can
manage this:
it splits the A0 on A4 so that you can print several sheets of A4 paper
and then glue them together and obtain the A0 document. Corel also lets
some extra space to allow gluing and also considers the printable area
for the chosen printer.

Any idea about how can I do something similar in Linux (with LaTeX,
postscript, etc. - free software) ?

TIA,

Ionutz