Re: dselect oddities

Hi,
>>"Bill" == Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net> writes:

Bill> Manjo; I am interpreting what you are saying as meaning that
Bill> _every time_ I run dselect, I have to choose hold (=) to prevent
Bill> dselect from upgrading automagically.  Now since I KNOW that
Bill> this is not correct, ie: I frequently run dselect and I do not
Bill> 'rechoose' hold to prevent updating what I asked dselect not to
Bill> upgrade in a previous session.

	I was assuming the worst case scenario -- that there are
 new standard or higher priority packages every time you run dselect. In
 practice, you do not really need to hold explicitly very often.

	manoj

--
 "The Government just announced today the creation of the Neutron Bomb
 II. Similar to the Neutron Bomb, the Neutron Bomb II not only kills