Re: dselect oddities

Hi,

	Yes. See, in the current system, I have to manually go and put
 on hold all packages I do _not_ want updated. In the reverse system,
 you have to go and manually mark alll packages you _do_ want updated
 (whether new, or old packages you feel need updating).

	These systems are exactly symmetrical.

	In order to get this reversed system, you have to explicitly
 take two actions _every time_ you run dselect. Though not ideal, it
 is a reasonable work around. In order to get this feature into dpkg,
 please send a message to submit@bugs.debian.org, with the first three
 line of the *Body* of the message being:
Package: dpkg
Version: 1.4.0.22
Severity: wishlist

	Please changes the version to the version you have on the
 machine. After that, enter your feature request; this is the correct
 way of getting the request to the developers in charge of the
 package.

	If you have the Debian package bug; then this can be as easy
 as saying:
 % bug dpkg
 And bug shall set up a file to be edited (remember to put in the line
 Severity: wishlist)

	manoj

--
 "Can you imagine what it would be like if there had been ``look and
 feel'' lawsuits over automobiles?" Mark Diekhans (markd@sco.com)