Re: New ae uploaded to Incoming

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Raul Miller wrote:

> Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:
> > Well, the choice I made was not all that correct either. The correct
> > choice would be a C-H sequence of some sort, but this is problematical at
> > several levels.
>
> C-? is fine for those environments where it's not DEL, but the proper

This is exactly why I can't use it with the current ae.rc, as C-? is
already bound to DEL.

> way to implement help has all unbound keys suggest the cannonical help
> key (for example: "press F1 for help").

While I can add this binding back into the ae.rc file with no
difficulties, and probably should. It is exactly those function keys that
these keybinding are supposed to be fixing. There are many terminals
without function keys, all send a control key...

Luck,

Dwarf