Re: picons

Paul Miller <paul@3dillusion.com> writes:

> Are there any good programs that use the picon* packages (personal
> icons)?  I'm looking for something as nice as Netscape's mail/news
> clients..  I looked at exmh and, well, it doesn't compare.

The xfaces program uses those packages to display the icons
corresponding to the received messages in your mailbox. You may also
look at JavaFaces (http://www.cruzio.com/~jthomas/javafaces/) which is
a Java implementation that works on many platforms due to its
implementation language. Morever this version can download the icon on
the fly from the picon repositories and thus you don't even need to
install the picon database locally but if I recall well when I was
using it the Java runtime was using a lot of memory:-(

Chris

--
// Christophe Broult            mailto:christophe.broult@info.unicaen.fr
// GREYC            http://www.info.unicaen.fr/greyc/BienvenueGREYC.html