Re: Toshiba and HP's GNU/Linux compatibility

On Sun, 17 May 1998, Stefan Baums wrote:

> I'll buy a notebook computer shortly, and one of my prime concerns is
> that GNU/Linux will not only run on it somehow, but actually use the
> available hardware features. At the moment, I'm considering the

If you really want to be sure your best bet is to get it with Linux
preinstalled from one of the Linux vendors, like VA Research. They can
install Windows too, I think. The if the hardware isn't Linux-friendly you
have someone to hold responsible.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp