Re: fdos for making a HD- bootable Linux

> Hello all Linuxers,

Greetings!

>  Me too, i have still a question, that i believe not beeing answered
> yet. Its a little bit strange: My Debian distrib is obviously missing
> the 'fdos' package needed by the mbr(?) tool to make Linux bootable from
> the harddisk. If im right and didnt post a question xth time, where can
> i get this lacking package?

If you want to make linux bootable from the harddisk, you need Lilo, which
should have been installed when you installed linux. Have a look in the
lilo.conf file :)

HTH,

Matthew

--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Steward-elect of the Cambridge Tolkien Society
Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/
http://www.cam.ac.uk/CambUniv/Societies/tolkien/
http://pick.sel.cam.ac.uk/