informing a user community

It seems to me , new user, that the use of chat rooms would be a means
to more rapidly distributing the knowledge one need to be successful in
using Linux in general and Debian in particular. What I would like to
suggest the maintenance of a site where one could find a table of topics
of interest ;and a time and channel were that topic could be openly
discussed by interested parties. I could like feed back as to whether or
not the following is feasible and if there is sufficient interest.  A
table that could updated by visitor to a scheduling site where a table
could show 1.) topic of interest 2.) potential schedule for discussion
3.) count of parties that have shown an interest in participating at the
time and place indicated. 4.) e-mail notification when a schedule has
been fixed.  Does this make sense to anyone? Is it feasible?