Re: Database Manager

Carlos Marcos Kakihara <bacate@capao.EEP.br> wrote:

: 	I'm looking for some database manager that looks like
: SyBase. Is there one avaliable for Linux? If possible, a Debian
: package.

There is PostgreSQL, an Object Oriented RDBMS. It's in the misc
section of Hamm (it's 100% free).

You also have mSQL and mySQL. mySQL is supposed to be fast, small and
rock-solid, but it's not 100% free (it's in the non-free section).

I recommend you give PostgreSQL a try. The Debian version is very good
(thanks Oliver :-) and this RDBMS is improving every day.

Good luck.

E.-

--

Eloy A. Paris