Re: Star-Office 4.0

> get ftp://134.95.210.54/pub/AutoMultiUserSetupForSO40Linux.tar.gz as this

ah, that's where it is.  i'd heard such a thing existed.  thanks.

> The installation itself is flawlessly.

in my experience, not quite.  if you install it into a shared directory
(eg. /usr/local/staroffice) i does not work properly.  it will seg fault
within a minute of being run, every time.

this is a permissions problem of some sort as a:

	chown -R myusername /usr/local/staroffice

fixed it.  also if you install star office into a directory under your
home directory it seems to work fine first time (eg.
~myusername/.staroffice).

adam.

 4050 Lake Otis		    Adam Shand        (v) +1 907 562 4638
 Anchorage, Alaska    Systems Administrator   (f) +1 907 562 1677
----------------- http://larry.earthlight.co.nz ------------------

		 --  Beware! The Frog cometh. --