Re: Star-Office 4.0

MS> I'm new in DEBIAN LINUX. So I still have some problems. One is to
MS> install the "STAR-OFFICE 4.0". I have the "DEBIAN 1.3" distribution and
MS> the staroffice as a tgz-file.

Untar the staroffice file with "tar xfvz name-of-the-file.tgz". It will
create a directory with the installation files in it. You might want to
get ftp://134.95.210.54/pub/AutoMultiUserSetupForSO40Linux.tar.gz as this
file will make the setup use less diskspace for a
Multiuserinstallation. Untar this file as shown above and read the README
file in the directory created.

Now read the README in the directory created during the first "tar" run
and proceed acording to the instructions there (there are in german as
well as in english).

The installation itself is flawlessly.

You might want to use mc (a Norton Commander clone) during the operation
to get a better view on things.

Ciao,
	Martin