Re: terminal settings from linux->Solaris

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I always assumed they would be architecture/OS-specific in format, so I use
> infocmp to export it and tic at the other end to integrate it. This works
> for linux, rxvt etc quite nicely. As a non-root user I set my TERMINFO
> env. variable to $HOME/.terminfo first.
>

> hamish

Well, for Solaris, a straight copy works just fine. I have had no trouble
getting sysadmins to put it in there on systems that I have no root
access though your $HOME/.terminfo approach is great for shell accounts at
ISP's and the like.

George Bonser

Microsoft! Which end of the stick do you want today?