Re: Problem with CD-ROM installation

> 	Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with my CD-ROM. When I install Debian Linux it asked my
> witch modules I want to load. So I wanted to install Mitsumi CD-ROM module.
> It asked me for parameters and I wrote: "mcdx=0x1f0,14". This address was
> reported by M$-DOS. But it told me that CD-ROM not exist because this
> address was used by another device.
> I thought I understood becouse there is a SCSI Controler on same address. So
> I bought new IDE Controler and setted it up to 0x170 address. In M$-DOS
> session all seems to be OK. But when I reinstall Debian CD-ROM was not
> found.
> Do I something wrong?

It looks like it.  If I understand correctly, your CDrom is connected to
an ide interface?  Then you need to use ide/atapi cdrom drivers.  The
mitsumi drivers are for older drives that used an interface specific to
mitsumi.  Any recent cdrom drives will be either ide/atapi or scsi, even
if they are manufactured by mitsumi.

HTH,
Eric Meijer

--
 E.L. Meijer (tgakem@chem.tue.nl)          | tel. office +31 40 2472189
 Eindhoven Univ. of Technology             | tel. lab.   +31 40 2475032