Re: Can anyone help me

On Tue, 12 May 1998, Crispixbull wrote:

> Just for more fun and confusion I have a little more info. First of all I
> should tell you that I am a cadet at the United States Air Force Academy and
> consequently I was issued (I bought it, but it was deducted from my pay and
> given to me like every other one of my classmates) my computer. I tried to
> do as you said with the gpm, however, it said that there was no such device
> as /dev/psaux. Also, on the back of my computer (all my documentation is
> photocopied by the company that mass produced these machines for us and does
> not include everything I'd like) the port that my mouse is plugged into is
> labeled COM1 not that that necessarily means anything.
>
> Anyway if someone has anymore ideas or could help me, I'd be extremely
> grateful.

Hi,

Try /dev/ttyS0 instead of /dev/psaux.

For /dev/ttyS0 to work, you need to have the serial module loaded.
For /dev/psaux to work, you need to have the ps2 module loaded.

If you run gpmconfig as root, you can configure gpm interactively and even
test the configuration before saving it.

Cheers,

Joost