RE: If it is already fixed, don't fix it again (was RE: XDM doesn't work [SOLVED])

Thanks for renewing my faith in the world :-)

I had thought it may have been a language translation issue.
I have a small knowledge of German, and I pity the person
who forces me to use it ;-)

The tone of email messages is hard to determine without some
indicators such as the smile :-)

I'm glad you translated your signature.  I like it!

I've been watching the lists and there have been a good number
of people who are unwilling to help with problems, but are
quick to reply with hostile thoughts.

I am copying this to the list for two reasons:

1.) Hopefully someone else can benefit from your suggestions
(I will be working on the X setup later.  You have included
some very nice suggestions.)

2.) As a public apology for jumping to the wrong conclusion.

I guess my mind has been dulled by too much Micro$oft fluff :-)

In case anyone is interested, I did install the xserver package
with XF86Setup, and used it to get the initial configuration. I
have also used xf86config.

Thanks,

Pat