HELP! Netscape & Lyx crash X server in bo - further investigation

Hello all!

A few days ago I have reported a strange problems with X server crashing
after segfault when using Lyx or Netscape. Just yesterday I've lost
a few hours of my work, after my wife asked me to find something in the
Internet, when I was writing an article. Therefore I've decided
to solve finally this problem. I noticed that problem seems to be related
to loading new fonts into X server. I've entered the following command
lines:

xlsfonts > fonts_list
for i in `cat fonts_list`; do echo $i >> fonts_test; xfd -fn $i ; done

After about 30 minut of pressing "q" key (well, I've just locked it
:-) I've got the expected result - server crashed, and the last line in
fonts_test file showed me the guilty one:

-bitstream-terminal-bold-r-normal--0-0-100-100-c-0-iso8859-2

I browsed all my fonts.dir file to find the broken font file, and
was very surprised, because there was no such line in any of them.
After repeatedly deleting the faulty line (and all successfully tested
lines) from my generated fonts list, and running:

for i in `cat fonts_list`; do echo $i >> fonts_test; xfd -fn $i ; done

I've found more fonts descriptions causing the X server to crash:

-dec-terminal-bold-r-normal--0-0-75-75-c-0-iso8859-2
-dec-terminal-medium-r-normal--0-0-75-75-c-0-iso8859-2

Their common feature is that they do not appear in any fonts.dir file,
but are listed by xlsfonts!

Why xlsfonts displays such non-existing fonts?
Why trying to load them causes the X server to crash instead of displaying
an error message?

Does anybody could answer this questions and help me to make my X's really
stable?

				Thank you in advance
				Wojtek Zabolotny
				wzab@ipe.pw.edu.pl