Configuring ISP access

I have recently installed Debain Linux on my system. I have been unable to
install any packages using dselect. I have an ISP account. My modem is a Hayes
Accura 56k internal modem, under windows 95 COM4 is assigned to my modem.

I have checked the Debain FAQOMATIC for help and attempted it solutions with no
success.

I need help in configuring ppp so I can ftp the required packages.

When I installed Debian my modem was not listed, is there a default drvier which
can be used with my modem and is there any way of reinstalling drviers.

Thanx
Roberto D'Amico

e-mail:  roberto@damico.globalnet.co.uk