Make linux bootable directly to hard disk fails (NT4 installed)

Hi everybody,

I know maybe this isn't the right group to ask, sorry for that, but
since comp.os.linux.setup doesn't answer ..... but there is a
small link with this group anyway and maybe somebody has a hint ?

NT4 is already installed on my PC (one big 3Gb Quantum SCSI-disk.)

I am trying to install Debian 1.3 next to NT4. I used the rescue
floppy and partitioning went well (sda1-sda2-sda3 are NTFS, sda4 is
extended and sda5-sda6-sda7 are for Linux). But when I select "Make
linux bootable directly to hard disk" it errors with the following
message:

"Currently it is impossible to boot from the second hard drive" !?

There isn't any "second" hard drive ! It's one big 3G Quantum SCSI !

I am totally stuck here, also tried to switch the bootable partition,
but this also fails - system refuses to boot. Please anybody has an
idea or hint would be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Marc Fleureck