Re: Linux and ADSL

On Mon, 11 May 1998, Timothy C. Phan wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I post some question on Linux and ISDN last time and got very
>   good responses.  One user suggested that I should try ADSL.

ADSL is almost always done with an external 'ADSL Modem' (sic) which is
connected to your PC with an ethernet cable.

The unit itself is usually ~500$ cdn, but the providers around here lease
it for a few dollars a month more.

Prices around here are about 40$/mo cdn for a 24/7 dynamic IP, severs are
generally forbidden by the providers, etc.

Jason