Perl and libc

I upgrade several weeks to libc6, and since then have been working with a
program called minivend I intend to package.  While making the makefile
with the included perl script,
I get a message identify the current(as of saturday) of perl I had
installed as broken.

A reference is made to Redhat-5.0 whose perl package was broken

>This looks like a broken version of Perl for Linux, as often
>happens with improperly built GLIBC Perls. RedHat Linux 5.0 has
>this problem. If your Perl is built properly and does not dump
>core when calling POSIX::strftime, then set the environment
>variable MINIVEND_BADPOSIX to 0.
>
>MiniVend will normally compensate for this automatically,
>but if one thing is broken others may be. If you have problems
>with MiniVend, go to www.redhat.com and get the latest Perl RPM.

Is this just an erronious message, or bug I need to report.

Philpi Thiem