Re: libc6 package

jdassen@wi.leidenuniv.nl wrote:

> On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 10:52:39PM +0200, Nuno Carvalho wrote:
> >  I'm trying to do an upgrade from my libc5 system to libc6 ! I already
> >  used the autoup.sh script but unfortunally I still had the error on 'w'
> >  command:
> >
> >     $ w
> >      bad data in /var/run/utmp
> >      $
> >
> >  This happens when I make the libc5 (version 5.4.38) upgrade !
>
> After the libc5 upgrade there may still be programs running that have the
> old libc5 utmp functions; that's why it tells you
>         Please reboot after installation to make sure all programs use the
>         utmp-wrapper functions.
> Did you do that?

  Yes I did it, severall times ! ;(

 I also made something like:

 $ cd /var/log
 $ rm utmp
 $ touch utmp
 $ cd /var/run
 $ rm utmp
 $ cp /dev/null utmp
 $ shutdown -r now

 ... and it still don't work ! ;(

 My main problem, I think, is the libc5 package ! I had to upgrade to an libc5
package which
hadn't that bug and so that install libc6 package, but I still not found yet a
libc6 package which
could accept my libc5 package version (5.4.33-3) ! My libc6 only accepts

 Thanks for the help.

 Best regards,
    Nuno Carvalho

Nuno Emanuel F. Carvalho