Re: Sorry, but I STILL can't sort out my MBR

On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 01:23:48PM +0100, Tristan Day wrote:
> Thanks to all for all the help and ideas, but it still won't work: here's
> what has gone wrong:

Can you state the problem again? I missed your earlier posts.

> The DOS 'fdisk /MBR' ran with no errors, but made no difference to bootup.

Is your NT partition marked active? If you install LILO in your boot
sector instead of the MBR, then the MBR should contain the standard
code (done by FDISK /MBR), and either the Linux partition or the NT
partition should be active. If it's the NT partition, use BOOTPART
(or similar) to set up an entry in NT's boot manager for Linux. If it's
Linux, add an entry to /etc/lilo.conf for NT, something like

other=/dev/hda1
label=NT

Hamish