Re: irc and that Free Software thing

On Sun, 10 May 1998, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I apologize for preaching, but usually universities ban IRC because
> it consumes finite resources which are needed for course-related work.
> As a university student myself, I get pretty annoyed if I can't get
> a terminal to do some work because people are browsing the web, for example.
>
> I don't know about .NZ, but in .AU net access isn't really too expensive.

Likewise, I apologise for replying in my defence, but my university acts
as an ISP. I dial in from home, I never have problems getting through so I
presume that there isn't a big demand for dial in access at the times I
dial in, and I pay for what I use.

It was the free software thing I wanted to see on IRC.

Andrew Tarr

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate"
|___
http://multinet.co.nz/personalhomepages/locusmeus/antechamber.html