Re: Unidentified subject!

Well...
On Sat, May 09, 1998 at 03:15:10AM +0300, Liran Zvibel wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to add some user interface to my programs, till now all I do
> is write to stdout and stderr, and read from stdin, but it doesn't look
> good.

What types of programs are these?
if they read form stdin and write to stdout then terminate...
they sound to me like "classic" unix-style programs
(ie like a filter idea)
I hope you plan to keep this functionaity and add an optional
interfacer (maybe if invokded weith
-i or --interactive)

> What I have in mind is two-tree lines of input, then some more lines for
> information (one or two, that will have while backround and black text
> to distinguish the parts), and the rest of the screen (the remaining
> 20-22 lines) for output.
> So stdin would come from the first part, stderr would go to the
> information part, and the stdout would go to the biggest part.

I would check out the slang library. I am currentluy playing with
using it from C and playin with it..unfortunatly the
C referecne for the library apears to be very much "Unfinished"

> Do you have any ideas how that could be done? Any pointer to information
> would be great. I love RTFMing...
yes as I said..check out slang...it seems cool even if learning it is taking
a bit fo work from the slight dfocumentation problems but...
it at least list sall of the calls and their arguments...
so ya can play with em
-Steve

--
** Stephen Carpenter ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** sjc@delphi.com **
"We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and