Unidentified subject!

Hello,
I would like to add some user interface to my programs, till now all I do
is write to stdout and stderr, and read from stdin, but it doesn't look
good.
What I have in mind is two-tree lines of input, then some more lines for
information (one or two, that will have while backround and black text
to distinguish the parts), and the rest of the screen (the remaining
20-22 lines) for output.
So stdin would come from the first part, stderr would go to the
information part, and the stdout would go to the biggest part.

Do you have any ideas how that could be done? Any pointer to information
would be great. I love RTFMing...

TIA,

Liran Zvibel.

P.S I thought of sending this question to debian-devel but since I don't
help developing Debian (I hope this is a yet...) I would not like to
disturb...

---
http://www.math.tau.ac.il/~liranz/