Re: Getting mail via POP3 (Filtering to correct user?)

> I suppose a bit more explanation IS in order.  I own the domain pandora.org
> which is hosted by an IPP.  I would like for users on my local system to be
> able to use the e-mail user@pandora.org.  To my mind that involves
> retrieving mail from my IPP's POP3 server to my local machine and then
> sending it to the corresponding user on the local system where they can
> either read from there or forward it on to yet another address with a
> .forward file as is their choice.

    As far as I know, you either need to accept the mail via smtp
for your domain (if you are online 24/7--all the time) or you need
to take a look at the "Offline-Mailing" (or something like that)
HOW TO (in the mini-HOW TO's or one of the other special HOW TO's)
at a LINUX Documentation project site, for example
http://sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/HOWTO/
if you must download via POP3.  Oh, if you do the POP3 method, you'll
need to have a talk with your provider about having him install a
special MX-to-account script (as per the HOW TO).  You should go with
smtp if at all possible, and if you have a dedicated line, though.

Art