Re: Getting mail via POP3 (Filtering to correct user?)

At 08:07 PM 5/8/98 -0500, Art Lemasters wrote:
>> Hi,
>>   Bo system. Tweaked 2.0.30 Kernel.  Got Diald dialing on d and sendmail
>> sending.  The problem I'm having is with fetchmail (I think)  I've run
>> fetchmail from the command line and it has no problem finding my pop server
>> but the mail addressed to wolfatpandora.org doesn't get interpreted as
>> being for wolfatlocalhost so it just goes back out onto the Net instead of
>> being sent local to the user wolf.  Question would be...Is it an alias I
>> need to configure?  An Option I have to configure in
>> fetchmail(user@pandora.org=user@localhost)?  Or something I'm just not
>> getting at all?
>
>    Adam, do you own the pandora.org domain, or do you have a user account
>(wolf) with an ISP who owns that domain?
>
>Art

I suppose a bit more explanation IS in order.  I own the domain pandora.org
which is hosted by an IPP.  I would like for users on my local system to be
able to use the e-mail user@pandora.org.  To my mind that involves
retrieving mail from my IPP's POP3 server to my local machine and then
sending it to the corresponding user on the local system where they can
either read from there or forward it on to yet another address with a
.forward file as is their choice.

I'm beginning to think I may have to use procmail but I REALLY don't want
to if I can get away with it.

TIA,
Adam C. Edwards          wolf@pandora.org           http://www.pandora.org/