Re: Debian 1.31

-----Original Message-----
From: servis@purdue.edu <servis@purdue.edu>
To: jeff@planetfall.com <jeff@planetfall.com>
Cc: ravijoy@gto.net.om <ravijoy@gto.net.om>; debian-user@lists.debian.org
<debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: 08 May 1998 01:01
Subject: Re: Debian 1.31

(I

>>> Absolutely.  Lots of us do this all the time.  Very easy to configure
and
>>> use.

With a RH instalation, it gives you the option of writing LILO to the
partition that is holding linux (in my case hda6) and then useing the IBM
boot manager (the one that comes with Partition magik 3) i can select OS at
boot.

Unfortunatly the IBM boot manager thingy requires LILO to be installed on
the linux partition you are going to boot from.

as yet i have not managed to achive this with debian.

So i recommend loadln, easy safe and convenatly handy when you need to
escape the M$ propaganda machine :)

Rick