Problems with cfingerd

Hello friends,
==============

I'm not sure whether you've got my last message about problems with
talk...it has been solved properly (I just forgot to insert a line
describing my machine and its IP address on PPP interface into
/etc/hosts ;-)

But now, I have another problem - I have cfingerd installed, but when I
try to finger somebody on that machine, it always tells me that that
user has the messages off although he hasn't!!!

I tried to experiment with it, but I didn't manage do get any further.
Everything seems that cfingerd is simply ignoring the setting of mesg
and still returns [MSG-N].

Is it just misconfiguration or something serious?

Thanks in forward.

All the very best,
Peter
--