Network problme

Hello,

I have problem with my network.

On bootup, I get

    eth0: enabling 10TP port
    SIOCADDRT net is unreacheable

I can run telnet on the to a machine on the same local net,
but can't get out of the local net.

The /etc/resolve.conf and /etc/host file are correct.  I do not understand
what should be in the /etc/gateways file.  I have Red Hat on my
system, and the it works fine for Red Hat; with Red Hat I get
a message  that they are enabling an AUI connection or port.

Can anyone tell me (1) here the netmask is stored and gateway is stored
so I can check those values. (2) what can the problem be.
I think those values are set correctly.

Thanks in advance

King  Lee
ultrix6.cs.csubak.edu