Re: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In <[🔎] 001501bd780c$e1932720$2e93d3d0@bandit>, on 05/05/98
   at 05:02 AM, "James A. Bates" <beckster@ballistic.com> said:

>   I'm giving serious consideration to installing Debian. I've found some
>great FAQs and HOW-TOs on installing, but I can't seem to find anything on
>WHAT I need to install. What

James,

I found the Debian package from CheapBytes invaluable--it includes an
installation guide which gave me all I needed to get on my feet w.r.t. just
what you're asking.  While it certainly cost more than simply DL'ing the
files (~$34, plus S&H), I now have everything on CD's, along with a
reasonable chunk of archived stuff.

I'm absolutely new to Linux.  (Still working on various setup stuff, if
you'll note my mailer ...)  That purchase and Sobell's book are making it a
lot easier.

Kenward