From: James A. Bates <beckster@ballistic.com>
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Tuesday, May 05, 1998 6:06 AM
Subject: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there,

   I'm giving serious consideration to installing Debian. I've found some great FAQs and HOW-TOs on installing, but I can't seem to find anything on WHAT I need to install. What packages do I absolutely need? What do I need for X Windows? The Internet? I'm confused. I'd appreciate any help I could get.

Thanks,
James