Re: Mouse and Mystique

Sabine Wolf wrote:
  >I'm very new to Linux and tried today to install Linux on my computer.
  >Where I failed was the installation of the mouse. The mouse are labeled
  >Logitech MouseMan,Serial-MousePort, but under WindowsNT the mouse works
  >with a busmouse driver and when I tried in the configuration program
  >different settings, the only setting where I saw some flickering
  >movement of the mouse was psaux, so I'm a bit confused over the type of
  >my mouse und what parameter I must use to get the mouse working
  >properly. ( The connector is round and has 6 pins).

That is a PS/2 connector.  psaux is correct.

  >My second problem is the graphic card, I have a Matrox Mystique, what
  >settings can I use for it, is there a special driver for it under Debian

I think you need a recent version of XFree86; I'm not sure the one in Debian
release 1.3.1 is new enough.  Anyone else help on this?

    Come to me, all you who labour and are heavily laden, and I will
    give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am
    meek and lowly in heart, and you shall find rest for your souls.
    For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.    (Matthew 11: 28-30)