Re: Cpu

I HIGHLY recommend the AMD K6 and as much RAM as you can get :)
The AMD K6 200 (what I use) is really nice
It has served me very well...and it has an added bonus...
there is a metal plate attached to the front of the chip (which the heat sink
then
touches that metal plate instead of the actual chip)
I dunno if that has any technical advantages...
but it makes it rather safe to take some steel wool and remove that
"Windows Compatible" logo off of the front...
not very usefull (and I havn't don eit...YET ..just though tof it now)
but...I am willing to bet it FEELS real good :)
-Steve

Ben Pfaff wrote:

>    Can somebody tell which low price CPU is for (made) Linux. I was =
>    thinking on Cyrix but I heard it is bugy, very uncompatible. So it looks =
>    that Intel is my only hope.
>
> I recommend AMD chips.  They're at least slightly cheaper than Intel
> and just as fast, or faster, except for floating point.  My roommate
> has a K6-200 and it's a screamer.  Of course, he runs Windows, but
> that's beside the point.
>
> --

PGP Key at: http://www.gis.net/~sjc/pgp.asc
(BTW Thanx allot Noah for pointing out why putting my pgp key here was
a bad idea...now I hafta find a new funny quote or something for here)
"Ummm, me make *one* change. Stone hot so me soak in stream so
stone not burn Lorto hand. Small change, shoul dnot keep Lorto from
make Fire."