Re: Looking for good e-mail client

'From Bill Leach <bleach@bellsouth.net>'

AFAIK, none of the mail user agents that I have used will allow switching
the display order except 'tkmail' (and it has behaviour that I simply can't
stand).  I suspect that email within emacs (or xemacs) will probably do about
anything that you could possibly want to do.

Mutt does a good job of threading or psudo-threading (your choice).  It does
NOT compress the display of messages like netscape does however (ie:  if
there are replies they will always be listed in the 'tree like' manner that
netscape uses when the messgages display is 'expanded'.  Personally I don't
experience this difference as a disadvantage.  Mutt is probably an order of
magnitude (or maybe more) faster than netscape with regard to manipulating
this list (deleting messages, deleting threads, etc.).  Also, on a color
xterm or color console, the threading is significantly more visually obvious
in mutt than it is in netscape.

Though I did not use it often, netscapes ability to change the sorting
criteria and order while open was a valuable feature that I do miss.

--
best,
-bill