ppp Protocol-Reject

Hi,

 Just got a new ISP, and I'm trying to get it set up. I have all these
Protocol-Reject messages; according to the FAQ, they mean the upstream
server is getting stuff it doesn't understand.

 My question is why - is this a patterned thing, some part of the
protocol I can turn off; or is it bad phone lines putting garbage in
the stream? If the lines are bad, why can I download just fine?
Is there anything to be done here? I've appended part of the ppp.log,
minus the date/process information.

Thanks,

Havoc Pennington
http://pobox.com/~hp

 local  IP address 207.205.143.15
 remote IP address 207.205.248.110
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x44
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x46
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xf
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xaa
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xe0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x22
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xf7
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x8f
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1d
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xa0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1a
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xfa
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x8f
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1d
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xa0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x18
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x4c
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xfa
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x40
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0xcf
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x7
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x54
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x1
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x4c
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x0
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x12
 Protocol-Reject for unsupported protocol 0x8f
... etc.