	$ gdb --core=./core
	GDB 4.16 (i586-debian-linux), Copyright 1996 Free Software Fou...
	Core was generated by `whatis mandb'.
	#0  0x4000f6f4 in ?? ()

Perhaps "gdb" could provide more information if I had any idea about how
to use it.  Of course "man gbd" is of no use  :)  ; "info gdb" was better
but I really did not understand it:

	$ gdb /usr/bin/man
	(no debugging symbols found)...

So, how do I get my "man" back?  (Please, no jokes about Country and
Western song titles -- my wife has already covered that ground)?

I am using Debian GNU Linux 1.3:

	$ uname -a
	Linux ludd 2.0.30 #1 Mon Mar 9 00:41:12 AST 1998 i386 unknown

--
  jkern@klis.com   Jack Kern   Yarmouth, Nova Scotia   Debian GNU/Linux i386