ckermit and hp48

Hallo all,

I have some strange problems with ckermit and my HP48 pocket
calculator:

1. The connection works:

If I do cat /dev/ttyS0 (where the calculator is connected) and start
a kermit transmission from it, I get some strange characters on the
console:

unsolved [/home/jens] $ cat /dev/ttyS0
`+ S~* @-#Y3$

So the connection works.

2. If I call kermit and issue:

set line /dev/ttyS0
set speed 9600
set parity none
set file type binary
receive

and start the transfer on the HP with SEND, kermit changes to the2
transfer progress" page and waits for packets to be transmitted. The
HP does not get a connection and retries to connect. Each of the
retries is shown by kermit with:

         Packet Type: %
        Packet Count: 1
       Packet Length: 14
         Error Count: 1
          Last Error: Retransmission
The Error count is incremented with every retry of the HP.

What might cause this? Is there something I forgot to set?
Where to set the Checksum of the packets (which chk setting to use on
the HP48)?

3. if I stop the transfer on the calculator, kermit gets back to the
prompt. But if I issue receive and start SEND on the HP again, kermit
does not get to the "transfer progress" page and has to be stopped by
C-c.

4. Then if I try to exit kermit it hangs (but can be interrupted by
C-c --- going back to the kermit prompt).

3. and 4. are completly mysterious to me.

Some clues anyone?

Thanks in advance,

Jens

---
Jens.Ritter@weh.rwth-aachen.de   grimaldi@debian.org
Key ID: 2048/E451C639 Jens Ritter
Key fingerprint: 5F 3D 43 1E 24 1E CC 48  1E 05 93 3A A7 10 73 37