Re: UUCP question (important)

On Mon, 20 Apr 1998, Nicolas Weinachter wrote:

> On the server, i have put this next line in the inetd.conf :
> uucp   stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/lib/uucp/uucico -x all -l
> Is it correct ???

Try:

/usr/lib/uucp/uucico -l

And make sure you have a file called passwd in /etc/uucp readable only by
uucp that contains the hostname/password pair in plain text:

system	password

Also, make sure you have an entry in /etc/hosts.allow for uucico:

uucico:	*.mynet.net

George Bonser

If I had a catchy quip, it would be here.

http://www.debian.org