Re: UUCP question (important)

Hi *

I just run into the same problem these days.
One way to solve the problem is by using "uucico -e -p TCP" (think TCP is
the default name in debian).

But thats not a very good thing I think, because you continously have uucico
running in the background.
As I read in the info doc, using -l, -p and /usr/sbin/uucico (linked to
/usr/lib/uucp/uucico) as serverpath should role it. Didn't work. I was'n able
to get things working, yet.

If anyone could give me hint or a working inetd.conf-line, it would be great!

A few suggestions:
* uucp uses stream/tcp => nowait
* uucico has to be run as root (port 540 in /etc/services)

But why should I have to add a line in /etc/hosts.allow. uucico is stared by
inetd, so the other host dos not have to have permission to start it, not?
Also, it should read "foo /usr/{lib/uucp,sbin}/uucico uucico bar-options"
in the inetd.conf.

hope this helps and someone helps me ;)

Peter.