Re: [tcsh] disabling autologout?

Adam Shand wrote:

> > <PERSONAL_BIAS>
> >   Use bash (instead of tcsh) and ssh (for connecting to remote hosts).
> > </PERSONAL_BIAS>
>
> is is there really any advantage to using bash over tcsh?

I much prefer tcsh for interactive use.  Having smart completion is the
best thing since sliced bread!

e.g.

$ cd [tab]
 -> shows and completes to directory names only
$ latex [tab]
 -> shows and completes to .tex files only
$ emacs -[tab]
 -> shows and completes to available options for that command.

Who would want to live without it?
Can bash be taught to do this?  It would be great.
--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada